[GE users] How do I know if install_qmaster has been run?

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Fri Sep 21 15:01:36 BST 2007

Hi Skip,

If SGE is running, your qmaster host will be the one running the
"sge_schedd" and "sge_qmaster" daemons, all the others will just be
running "sge_execd" assuming you are using SGE 6.x

If it is not running, try looking in the cell directory (usually
called 'default') within /gridware/sge/ and look inside the common/
folder for a file called "act_qmater" -- that should list the
hostname of the last running qmaster node. You may also find a
"bootstrap" file with information.

-Chris