[GE users] Rescheduling emails

Chris MacPhee chris.macphee at queensu.ca
Fri Sep 21 15:02:01 BST 2007

Hi Mark,

> > Is anyone aware of an option to SGE that will mail only on execution
> > of the job itself, not the prolog/epilog?
>
> As a workaround, it looks like there is enough information in the emitted
> text to determine if the mail message is meaningful:

Unfortunately, the rabbit hole went a bit deeper than I noticed.  Both a
Start and Rescheduling email is sent upon each kick back into the
waiting queue.

We /could/ put together something that puts a wait on sending Start
emails to see if the job truly runs (and dump Rescheduling emails, as
you mentioned), but that just seems dirty.

We've decided to just ask folks submitting to this queue to not request
email confirmations...

Thanks for the help!
 - Chris

--