[GE users] flexlm integration

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Fri Sep 21 20:52:09 BST 2007

> If you aren't using FlexLM, just unset the LM_LICENSE_FILE environment
> variable and it won't be queried.

Yes. That is correct.

> So, this particular tool does not use LM_LICENSE_FILE, It also does not
support port at host.
> Where do I unset this ?

By 'unset', I mean that the FlexLM environment variable (LM_LICENSE_FILE)
should not be set if you do not wish to use the FlexLM lmstat query.

In sh, bash, ksh, etc the syntax would be 'unset LM_LICENSE_FILE'. In
[t]csh, the syntax would be 'unsetenv LM_LICENSE_FILE'.

We are now *not* querying the FlexLM server(s).
The problem remains that you need to query your own license manager and
parse its output.

Do you have any means of querying your license manager from the command-line
at all?
What is the name of this proprietary license manager and who makes it?

/mark
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.