[GE users] Help: PE Question

Amy Lee openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 13:34:03 BST 2007

I'm a Linux system administrator in the Bioinformatics Department of my
university. And I have used SGE to make EMBOSS and PHRAP run more
coefficient. However, I still have some questions about PE in SGE.

I've download the SGE PDF documents from the official website. I wonder
that whether I can understand the PE part clearly. In fact, I wanna know
how to have a configuration with the PE.

I use MPICH 1.4, and there are some parameters /opt/sge/mpi/startmpi.sh
and stopmpi.sh scripts, I wanna know the meanings of them. How to
combine the scripts with MPICH?

Thank you very much~

Regards,

Amy Lee