[GE users] dbWriter Installation Problem

Jana Olivova Jana.Olivova at Sun.COM
Sun Sep 23 22:05:23 BST 2007

It seems like have missed the step 3 in the chapter 8 -  Installing the
Accounting and Reporting Console of the Grid Engine Installation Guide.

   1.

      Make the following changes to the pg_hba.conf file.

      This change permits unrestricted and password free access to the
      database superuser postgres but requires md5 encrypted passwords
      for all other database users. Replace nnn.nnn.nnn with your subnet
      address without the trailing 0. You also can add access rules on a
      per-host basis by adding similar lines with host IP addresses.

      # TYPE  DATABASE  USER  IP-ADDRESS     IP-MASK         METHOD
      local   all       postgres                             trust
      local   all       all                                  md5
      # IPv4-style local connections:
      #host    all       all   nnn.nnn.nnn.0  255.255.255.0  md5

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-0697/6ncduks4t?l=en&q=Arco&a=view

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Jana Olivova