[GE users] dbWriter Installation Problem

Aman Yus amanyus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 09:29:54 BST 2007

I did not miss the step. Here is the segment from the pg_hba.conf file:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         postgres                          trust
local   all         all                               md5
# IPv4 local connections:
#host    all        all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host    all        all         ::1/128               trust
#host   all         all         192.168.1.0     255.255.255.0      md5

On 9/24/07, Jana Olivova <Jana.Olivova at sun.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  It seems like have missed the step 3 in the chapter 8 -  Installing the
> Accounting and Reporting Console of the Grid Engine Installation Guide.
>

> Make the following changes to the pg_hba.conf file.
>
> This change permits unrestricted and password free access to the database
> superuser postgres but requires md5 encrypted passwords for all other
> database users. Replace nnn.nnn.nnn with your subnet address without the
> trailing 0. You also can add access rules on a per-host basis by adding
> similar lines with host IP addresses. # TYPE DATABASE USER IP-ADDRESS
> IP-MASK METHOD
> local all postgres trust
> local all all md5
> # IPv4-style local connections:
> #host all all nnn.nnn.nnn.0 255.255.255.0 md5
>

> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-0697/6ncduks4t?l=en&q=Arco&a=view
>
>  Hope that helps.
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Jana Olivova
>

>  amanyus wrote:
>  Hello, I wonder what could be the problem? the exact hostname is
'unknown'

>  Database connection test------------------------
>

>  Searching for the jdbc driver org.postgresql.Driver
>  in directory /opt/n1ge6/dbwriter/lib
>

>  OK, jdbc driver found
>

>  Should the connection to the database be tested? (y/n) [y] >>
>

>  Test db connection to 'jdbc:postgresql://unknown:5432/arco' ... SEVERE:
Can