[GE users] how to limit the size of -e STDERR standard error files from sge jobs

Mon Sep 24 15:24:30 BST 2007

Hi Chris,

I tried never, but setting job limits occurs before output/error
file is oepn(2)'d. Thus it should work to use s_fsize/h_fsize limits
in queue_conf(5) for this purpose. Consequences of exceeding this limit
are described in setrlimit(2) man page under RLIMIT_FSIZE.

Regards,
Andreas

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, chris.harwell at novartis.com wrote:

> Hello Grid Engine Users,
>
> Is there a way to limit the size of the standard error files from sge
> jobs?
> I am using SGE 6.1u2 on RHEL4-U5 x86 and x86_64.
>
> I didn't see anything in the mailing list archives.
>
> By limit I mean some rough method of making sure the standard error file
> doesn't fill all the available space the home directory of the user
> of it gets out of control, while not necessarily limiting the job output
> or other working files.
>
> There is of course the limiting to nothing via -e /dev/null, but I'd like
> to find a way to limit the file size to no more than 512MB or something
> similar.
>
> Any help or pointers appreciated!
>
> Best Regards,
> Chris Harwell

http://gridengine.info/

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer