[GE users] Migrating sgemasterd to another node on RHEL5

Vincent Bernat vbernat at wallix.com
Mon Sep 24 17:11:00 BST 2007

Hi !

Instead of using sge_shadowd process to ensure that sge_master is always
available, I would like to use rgmanager (or clurgmgrd) which comes with
RHEL 5. The spooldb will be on a GFS volume and then will be available to
the target node if the current node becomes unavailable.

Does someone has already setup such an environment? Apart from launching
sge_masterd on the new node, what file should I modify to make other nodes
aware of this change? Should I use the -migrating option? Do I need to
setup a virtual IP?

Thanks for any information.