[GE users] qacct -f and archive accounting files

Brett W Grant Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com
Tue Sep 25 15:24:42 BST 2007

I typically look at the accounting file to see how many jobs have been
done in a week.  This works fine unless the accounting file roles over. As
I don't have write permissions to the directory where the accounting files
are located, I have to copy the files over, unzip them and then issue the
qacct command.  I would like to avoid the copy and unzip.  Is there a way
to use the -f flag with zcat to get the accounting info?

Thanks,
Brett