[GE users] qacct -f and archive accounting files

Brett W Grant Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com
Tue Sep 25 16:47:15 BST 2007

That works great in bash.  It doesn't work in tcsh.  Any hints on how to
do it in tcsh?

Thanks,
Brett Grant

Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
09/25/2007 08:35 AM
Please respond to
users at gridengine.sunsource.net

users at gridengine.sunsource.net
cc

Subject
Re: [GE users] qacct -f and archive accounting files

Am 25.09.2007 um 16:24 schrieb Brett W Grant:

> I typically look at the accounting file to see how many jobs have
> been done in a week.  This works fine unless the accounting file
> roles over.  As I don't have write permissions to the directory
> where the accounting files are located, I have to copy the files
> over, unzip them and then issue the qacct command.  I would like to
> avoid the copy and unzip.  Is there a way to use the -f flag with
> zcat to get the accounting info?

qacct -f <(zcat /usr/sge/default/common/accounting.0.gz)