[GE users] qacct -f and archive accounting files

Brett W Grant Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com
Tue Sep 25 17:13:10 BST 2007

I don't think that this is actually working.  I get the same results with
this command as I do with just the qacct command.  What I am getting at is
that I think that this command is displaying results from the current
accounting file and not the accounting.0.gz that I am piping in.

Thanks,
Brett Grant

Darin Perusich <Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com>
09/25/2007 08:55 AM
Please respond to
users at gridengine.sunsource.net

users at gridengine.sunsource.net
cc

Subject
Re: [GE users] qacct -f and archive accounting files

gzcat /usr/sge/default/common/accounting.0.gz | qacct

Brett W Grant wrote:

> That works great in bash.  It doesn't work in tcsh.  Any hints on how to

> do it in tcsh?
>
> Thanks,
> Brett Grant
>

> *Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>*
>
> 09/25/2007 08:35 AM
> Please respond to
> users at gridengine.sunsource.net

>                users at gridengine.sunsource.net
> cc
>
> Subject
>                Re: [GE users] qacct -f and archive accounting files
>

> Am 25.09.2007 um 16:24 schrieb Brett W Grant:
>
>  > I typically look at the accounting file to see how many jobs have
>  > been done in a week.  This works fine unless the accounting file
>  > roles over.  As I don't have write permissions to the directory
>  > where the accounting files are located, I have to copy the files
>  > over, unzip them and then issue the qacct command.  I would like to
>  > avoid the copy and unzip.  Is there a way to use the -f flag with
>  > zcat to get the accounting info?
>
> qacct -f <(zcat /usr/sge/default/common/accounting.0.gz)
>
> -- Reuti

Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator
Cognigen Corporation