[GE users] flexlm integration

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Wed Sep 26 07:56:16 BST 2007

Hi Mr./Ms. "S",

> I am able reconfigure qlicserver for the new license manager.I can see the
license usage from it. I have

Good that you've made it this far.
I assume that you also ran 'qlicserver -n' to test things?

> also added them in the resource config for sge.

Please be more specific about what you have defined.

Are they visible as "consumable" complexes and of the correct type (INT) and
correct relationship operator?
'qconf -sc' should show them as

    #name     shortcut  type  relop requestable consumable default  urgency

#------------------------------------------------------------------------
    resource  resource  INT   <=    YES         YES        0        0

Are they visible as "global consumables"?
'qconf -se global' should show them as
    complex_values resource=N

> But when I submit the job it goes to the wait state and do not complain
about the resource. However looking > in the qstat -j  shows that "job
request unknown resource"

The GridEngine is probably right (the resource is unknown).

> I am running qlicserver 1.14.1 and 6.0u9 SGE.

It may not be related, but please get the latest qlicserver version (1.26)
anyhow.

/mark
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.