[GE users] Migrating sgemasterd to another node on RHEL5

Wed Sep 26 10:54:51 BST 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Vincent Bernat wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Instead of using sge_shadowd process to ensure that sge_master is always
> available, I would like to use rgmanager (or clurgmgrd) which comes with
> RHEL 5. The spooldb will be on a GFS volume and then will be available to
> the target node if the current node becomes unavailable.
>
> Does someone has already setup such an environment? Apart from launching
> sge_masterd on the new node, what file should I modify to make other nodes
> aware of this change? Should I use the -migrating option? Do I need to
> setup a virtual IP?

I don't know anythig about the rgmanager, but when you run

    # sgemaster -migrate

on the new host it shuts down old qmaster, changes all files that are to
be changed and launches the new master.

Regards,
Andreas

http://gridengine.info/

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer