[GE users] queues duplicated in output from q commands

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Thu Sep 27 12:15:25 BST 2007

Hi Henk,

> Some two weeks ago the scheduler crashed. After restarting some queues
> appear duplicate, for example the queue seq.q is attached twice to a
> node:

Perhaps there was some strange insertion/delete that preceded the problem. I
had a somewhat similar problem with a rogue queue instance.
I had changed the hosts within the various host groups and managed to
confuse the Grid Engine.

Eg,
qname                 cfd
hostlist              @cfd
seq_no                100,[@express=300]

The @cfd hgrp previously contained all of the @express hgrp.
After changing about both hgrps, there was a queue instance for a host
listed in @express, but not listed in @cfd.
Stopping the qmaster, manually deleting the incorrect config and restarting
work until the next edit change on queue definition.
Explicitly adding in the incorrect host to the 'hostlist' and then deleting
it had the desired effect.

Perhaps you can try something along those lines.

/mark
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.