[GE users] Concurrent queue

Thu Sep 27 15:54:50 BST 2007

Hi Chaffard,

preventing host overloading is easy:

Just configure

    complex_values  slots=8

in the host_conf(5) of each execution node.

With Grid Engine 6.1 you could also configure a host based
resource quota with a capacity of 8 slots each like this

   limit hosts {*} to slots=8

Regards,
Andreas

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Chaffard Remi wrote:

> We currently have a problem for the configuration of some queues.
> We want to have a test queue for each queue defined on SGE. We use test queues for testing our scripts before put them in production environment.
>
> The queue and its test queue are both defined on the same hostgroup with the same number of slots. The configuration is the following :
>
> Queue aix : 	slots : 8
> 		hostgroup : h_aix
> Queue aix_test	slots : 8
> 		hostgroup : h_aix
>
> The problem if that if the aix queue have 6 slots used on a host, a 4-processors job can run in the aix_test queue and overload the machine (we are using 8-processors aix machines).
>
> So is there any way to prevent overload  with a slot verification based on already used processors ? If 6 processors are used on the "aix" queue, the number of slots remaining should be 2 on "aix_test" queue, and not 8)
>
> To sum up, if there a way to create dependent queue on the same hosts without overload the host ?
>
> Thanks for help.

> Rémi Chaffard (SOLUTEC)
> I&O - Application Production - Product Development
>
> Telephone: (+33) 4 72 96 61 52
> E-mail: remi.chaffard at consultant.volvo.com

http://gridengine.info/

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]