[GE users] Why no DRMAA support for Windows?

Thu Sep 27 17:13:01 BST 2007

 From a purely structural perspective, no.  The windows bundle doesn't
include libdrmaa.so.  If you had a libdrmaa.so, the question would still
be open, as DRMAA has not been tested on Windows, hence why we don't
include it.  If you had a tested libdrmaa.so, I fear that the answer may
still be 'no', because non-SFU Windows applications cannot load SFU
shared libraries.  The current DRMAA implementation relies on the
libdrmaa.so, so I strongly suspect that the native Windows Java virtual
machine would be able to load the required DRMAA libraries.  (Harald,
can you confirm or deny?)

At some point in the future (after 6.2), we will very likely have a pure
Java implementation of DRMAA.  At that point, it won't matter where you
run it.

Daniel