[GE users] how to install a Windows submit host?

Beat Rubischon beat at 0x1b.ch
Thu Sep 27 19:08:46 BST 2007

Hello!

Am 26.9.2007 21:39 Uhr schrieb "Kevin Swanson" unter
<Kevin.Swanson at ansys.com>:

> Sun Grid Engine 6.1 says it now supports execute and submit hosts on
> Windows, but it's unclear to me how to setup a Windows submit host.

You need to do the full installation of the binaries and configuration files
as the SGEROOT is usually not sharable by NFS or SMB. Even more, you need to
install SFU or SUA.

I planned to write a detailled step by step installation instructions for
the Windows execution host in the next days. It tooks me some time to figure
out all the quirks needed to do so and I like to share my changes for W2k3R2
64 Bit.

Beat

--
     \|/                           Beat Rubischon <beat at 0x1b.ch>