[GE users] Why no DRMAA support for Windows?

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Thu Sep 27 21:06:56 BST 2007

Daniel Templeton wrote:
> Daniel Templeton wrote:
>> The current DRMAA implementation relies on the libdrmaa.so, so I
>> strongly suspect that the native Windows Java virtual machine would be
>> able to load the required DRMAA libraries.  (Harald, can you confirm
>> or deny?)
> Should say "would NOT be able to load..."

This I can confirm. ;-)

For some coming SUA version (successor of SFU), Microsoft promised to
implement a way to use Win32 DLLs in Interix binaries and vice versa.
But it's not possible in the SFU version that is used by SGE now.

Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten