[GE users] mpich2 smpd jobs not ending

Benjamin Singer ben.singer at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 22:07:13 BST 2007

Couldn't get daemonless to work (mpich2_smpd_rsh--
getting a bad file descriptor error), so I moved on to
the smpd daemon based mpich2_smpd method. This is on
mac os x.

I've got the mpich2_smpd pe almost working-- mpihello
is running and saying hello from the nodes. But the
jobs don't die, I need to qdel them. When I do the
qdel everything cleans up nicely.

Any idea why my jobs won't take the final step and
end?

Ben

http://tv.yahoo.com/