[GE users] Submition !!!

Harald Pollinger Harald.Pollinger at Sun.COM
Fri Sep 28 09:58:42 BST 2007

Rafid Al-Khannak wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have a MATLAB application done under Windows OS, I have convert it to
> stand alone executable file to enable it working independently from MATLAB.
> I am trying to send this application through our SGE systems but it is not
> working. Any idea may help.
> Basically, our applications are getting or depending on some external
> parameters and data, but firstly I am making normal application, just
> calculating some internal data.

Just make sure the application binary is accesible and executable from
the execution host and then submit the job like this:

# qsub -b yes -shell no /path_to_binary/binary

(/path_to_binary must be the path on the execution host in Unix notation)

e.g.

# qsub -b yes -shell no /dev/fs/C/WINDOWS/notepad.exe

It might also be necessary to redirect input/output using "-i", "-e" and
  "-o" switches, or to set the current working directory using "-cwd".
Please see the qsub(1) man page for details.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com