[GE users] Concurrent queue

Heywood, Todd heywood at cshl.edu
Fri Sep 28 14:28:40 BST 2007

This raises a follow-up question, which I have to solve soon.

Is there any way to prevent host overloading with respect to active jobs,
but not suspended jobs? In other words, I need to prevent overloading, but
also have two queues per exec host, one of which is subordinate to the
other. When the main queue fills, running jobs in the subordinate queue get
suspended. But they don't release their slot, who main queue jobs don't get
slots to start running with. Unless you allow slot overloading, which I
don't want since there are likely to be still other queues that will have to
be defined in the future.

Thanks,

Todd