[GE users] Custom load sensor - correct way to time limit a host?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Sep 28 20:56:15 BST 2007

    >> So, one queue, many hosts, some available all the time, others only
    >> during well-defined time windows.

    Jesse> Actually, isn't this exactly what the "calendar" functionality is
    Jesse> for?  There's a widget in qmon for calendars, and the manpage is
    Jesse> calendar_conf.

Looking at that man page it says:

     The definition of calendars is used to specify "on duty" and "off duty"
     time periods for Sun Grid Engine queues on a time of day, day of week
     or day of year basis.

Close, but not quite close enough.  I only want one queue that manages a set
hosts with different time availabilities.  It seems that the calendar is
applied at the queue level.  As I indicated, I just want my users to submit
jobs to a single queue, then have SGE figure out where and when to run it.

Skip