[GE users] Help: Checkpoint Problem

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Apr 1 13:46:20 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 01.04.2008 um 13:51 schrieb Lee Amy:
> Hello,
>
> I use MPICH 1.2.6 in my cluster and I wanna build a checkpoint by
> SGE. So is there any way to build checkpoint step by step?

AFAIK it's not possible with MPICH unless you program it on your own
at an application level. LAM/MPI has it built-in since 7.1, and for
Open MPI it's scheduled for the upcoming 1.3 release.

There are Howtos for checkpointing of serial applications with SGE,
but be aware the SGE will only "let's say" trigger an already
existent checkpointing facility of the application (which already has
to work without SGE).