[GE users] Help and suggestions from a Newbie

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Apr 3 10:05:45 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 03.04.2008 um 08:33 schrieb Fedele STABILE:
> i need to maintain the queuing systems on some cluster, so i'm
> thinking
> to use the grid as a global resource manager
> What do you suggest?

this is not directly the target usage of SGE. You might look into
Globus: http://globus.org/

Nevertheless, inside one organization Globus might be an overkill,
and you could *experiment* with so called transfer queues between
clusters. There is a Howto which targets two SGE 5.3 clusters, but
with some adaption it might also work with different queuing systems.
If you get something working, it would be nice if you could post your
findings to the list.

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/TransferQueues/transferqueues.html

-- Reuti