[GE users] SGE install detects incorrect architecture

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:37:41 BST 2008

On 4/3/08, Roberta Gigon <RGigon at slb.com> wrote:
> I'm attempting to install SGE 6.1 on an SGI cluster with Xeon processors (x86_64).  However, the SGE install thinks it's AMD64:

Agree with Joshua... basically, x64 was first developed by AMD.
Intel's EM64T is a clone of AMD64.

And there is a bug in SGE -- on the SGE homepage. The first download
page has: "AMD64/EM64T, kernel 2.4, 2.6, glibc >= 2.3.2"

But if you accept the license agreement, then the second download page says:
"Linux - AMD64, kernel 2.4, 2.6, glibc >= 2.3.2"

So Roberta, you will need to download the AMD64 tarball and unpack it
in the same directory where you have the common package.

Rayson