[GE users] setJobEnvironment() method in DRMAA

Thu Apr 3 22:07:04 BST 2008

You can set embedded directives in your script.  If a line starts with
#$ everything after it is interpreted as command-line options:

#!/bin/sh
#$ -S /bin/sh -N MyJob -v FOO=bar

The job category is a similar thing.  Whatever name you put in the job
category property is looked up in the qtask file, and the qtask entry is
used as additional command-line options for the job.  For example, if
the following line is in the qtask file:

myjob -N MyJob -v FOO=baz

If you set the job category to "myjob" for your job, when it is
submitted, the job will have its name set to MyJob and the FOO env var
set to baz.  Of course, there's a hierarchy for processing command-line
switches.  See here:

http://blogs.sun.com/templedf/entry/hierarchy_of_command_line_switches

Daniel