[GE users] Environment Variables - DRMAA

Fri Apr 4 13:07:30 BST 2008

Hi Mohana,

by default no shell is used for starting DRMAA jobs. They get started just with
a plain execvp() of the 'drmaa_remote_command'. To change this behaviour you can
add "-shell yes" to 'drmaa_native_specification'. This makes the job execute
as if it had been submitted using

     qsub -b y /path/to/job

with regards to .bashrc sourcing you must ensure that the shell you use
is a login shell.

Regards,
Andreas

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Mohana Ramaratnam wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using the DRMAA API to launch jobs on the SUN GRID Engine.
>
> It looks like when the job is started on the execution host, the users .bashrc file not getting invoked.
>
> Could somebody tell me:
>

> a)      What is the default shell used on the execution host
>
> b)      How can the environment variables be set on the execution host using the .bashrc file in the users home directory on the execution host
>
> Thanks
> Mohana

http://gridengine.info/

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028