[GE users] Different queue rules for different users

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Apr 9 11:57:49 BST 2008

Am 09.04.2008 um 01:01 schrieb Instituto de Ingenieria Área de
Sistemas Unix/Linux:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set different queue rules for particular users;
> specifically, we want a user to be able to use only a single slot
> on any given queues. I've read the documentation but can't seem to
> find this particular bit of info, as
> the 'user' configuration of SGE relates to different stuff. If I'm
> missing something in the docs I'll be glad to read it.

for this you will need an RQS - hence SGE 6.1 (http://
gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/gridengine/
doc/devel/rfe/ResourceQuotaSpecification.html) with one rule:

limit users {*} queues {*} to slots=1