[GE users] Init environment of SGE job.

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Apr 9 13:34:37 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 09.04.2008 um 13:49 schrieb Yuan Wan:
> Anyone can tell me, what system init or profile scripts SGE jobs
> will execute by default?   System OS is Linux

nothing. Depending on the setting in SGE's configuration INHERIT_ENV
(man sge_conf) it can inherit the ones active as execd started. If
you need something special, you could use a "starter_method" in the
queue configuration to source anything you like and then make an
"exec" fo the script of the user.

Usually I put all necessary definitions just in the jobscript, as it
will minimize side effects and you always know in detail what is
defined. But it's of course a matter of personal taste which way ou
prefer.

-- Reuti