[GE users] Init environment of SGE job.

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Apr 9 15:15:19 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 09.04.2008 um 15:57 schrieb Yuan Wan:
> I submited a test job to my GridEngine whose shell_start_mode is
> "unix behavior" start_method is NULL
>
> -----------------------------------
> #!/bin/sh
>
> echo "MODULEPATH=$MODULEPATH"
> echo "LOADEDMODULES=$LOADEDMODULES"

> The output of the above job indicates that viriables MODULEPATH and
> LOADEDMODULES have already been set at the init phase of the job.
>
> Any idea where I can find the relevent operation?

maybe they were already set when the execd on the node was started
and the job simply inherit these settings. You can set
"INHERIT_ENV=FALSE" in SGE's configuration for "execd_params". Other
options could be: a) unset them in a starter_method, b) override them
with "-v MODULEPATH=something" in a global SGE request file.

-- Reuti