[GE users] Is there a way to reserve the memory for the process inste

Mulley, Nikhil Nikhil.Mulley at deshaw.com
Wed Apr 9 16:55:42 BST 2008

>>We actually were so far suggesting to use 'mem_free' resource
attribute
that would ensure that the machines has enough memory before it gets
launched, but might not immediately be taking the mentioned memory.
Please read it as.. We were so far suggesting users to depend on
'mem_free' attribute that would assure them their job getting launched
on the machine which meets the mem_free value, but this has caveat to
that the launched process might not be taking all of the asked for
memory immediately.