[GE users] Annoying check of mail address

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Apr 10 17:08:10 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 10.04.2008 um 17:36 schrieb Beat Rubischon:
> Hello!
>
> Today I just wanted to install GE 6.1u4 and got the following error
> message:
>
> ---8<---
> master:/opt/sge # ./install_qmaster -auto install.conf
> Reading configuration from file install.conf
> Your >ADMIN_MAIL< entry is an invalid email adress or not >none<
>
> An invalid entry was found in your autoinstall configuration file.
> Please check your autoinstall configuration file!
> >install.conf<
> ---8<---
>
> I found the check in $SGE_ROOT/util/install_modules/inst_common.sh
>
> ---8<---
> IsMailAdress() {
>    case $1 in
>       [A-Za-z0-9.-]*@[a-zA-Z0-9-]*.[a-zA-z][a-zA-Z])  #valid
>          return 0;;
>       [A-Za-z0-9.-]*@[a-zA-Z0-9-]*.[a-zA-z][a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z]) #valid
>          return 0;;
>       [A-Za-z0-9.-]*@[a-zA-Z0-9-]*.[a-zA-z][a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z][a-zA-
> Z]) #valid
>          return 0;;
>       *)
>          return 1;;
>    esac
> }
> ---8<---

I have indeed a similar setup, but the external interface of the
headnode has a valid external address and inside the cluster I don't
have to use the FQDN. Hence I use the external address and it works,
so I never faced this. To have an internal top level domain would
also be a request in a broader audience:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-level_domain
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2606.txt

-- Reuti