[GE users] Annoying check of mail address

Marco Donauer Marco.Donauer at Sun.COM
Fri Apr 11 14:59:10 BST 2008

Beat,

to increase the usability we decided to introduce a configfile check.
This should help to find wrong configfile entries or additional entries
which are not
allowed. For some entries there would be not need for checking, that may
be right,
but for the sale of completeness this was also done for e-mail adresses.
It should be not problem to solve this, because the workaround is easy

Add this to your check function

[A-Za-z0-9.-]*@[a-zA-Z0-9-]*.[a-zA-z][a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z])* #valid
         return 0;;

Or remove the complete mail adress test. Thanks for your hint.
You were the first who hit on this issue.

Best Regards,
Marco

--

Sun Microsystems GmbH         Marco Donauer
D-93049 Regensburg            Phone: +49 (0)941 3075-211  (x60211)
mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028