[GE users] sgeexec not starting at startup

Erik Soyez E.Soyez at science-computing.de
Tue Apr 15 14:44:12 BST 2008

Yes - if the client reboots too quickly and the master has not
yet noticed that it's gone, it will not accept a new connection
from that client and the execd does not start.  Try to minimize
the global config parameter "max_unheard", that might help.

Erik Soyez.

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, nico duce wrote:

> Hi,
> Sometimes when I restart an execution host, its sgeexec service doesnt
> starts, I must manually start from /etc/init.d/sgeexec
> Is this normal ?

Vorstand/Board of Management:
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: