[GE users] ARCO 6.1u4 with mysql problems

Arturo Giner Gracia artginer at bifi.es
Tue Apr 15 16:48:38 BST 2008

Hi Jana,

Thanks for your advice. I was doing a fresh installation, so I have
deleted that piece of code and everything is working fine !!
The version of MySQL is 5.0.26-16. But now I think it is doesn't mind.

Regards
Arturo

Jana Olivova escribió:
> Hi Arturo,
>
> First, what exact version of MySQL are you using, i.e. 5.0.54-log, or
> 5.0.27-community-nt?
>
> There have been issues noted, exactly like the message here, with a
> more complicated queries on specifically the 5.0.27-community.nt
> edition.  If you are doing a fresh installation, i.e. you don't have
> an existing database, yet, you would not need to care about these
> commands, as they only update some data in a current database.  You
> could just delete whatever is in the dbdefinition.xml between the
> <version id="6" name="6.1u3"> </version> tags except the last item.
> So, that part would then look like this:
> <version id="6" name="6.1u3">
> <item>
>         <description>Update version table</description>
>         <sql>
>            INSERT INTO sge_version (v_id, v_version, v_time)
>            VALUES(6, '6.1u3', current_timestamp)
>         </sql>
>      </item>
> </version>
>
> I still recommend upgrading MySQL version, we have not experienced any
> problems on version 5.0.54.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jana Olivova
>
> Arturo Giner Gracia wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to install ARCO 6.1u4 with mysql database. But I'm getting
>> an strange error. If anybody could help me?
>>
>> This is the error:
>>
>> Version 6.1u1 (id=5) successfully installed
>> Install version 6.1u3 (id=6) -------
>>
>>            Create a temp table as a base table for fixing incorrect
>> usage.
>>            This table will only include rows where cpu, or mem, or
>> io, or iow is > 0, otherwise on
>>            large databases the fix would not be possible.
>>
>>            Create index on column ju_id
>>
>>            Create index on column ju_parent
>>
>>            Create view view_fixed_usages - view containing the
>> correct usages
>>            (ju_cpu, ju_mem, ju_io, ju_iow) for the intermediate line.
>>
>>            Update sge_job_usage with the correct ju_cpu, ju_mem,
>> ju_io, ju_iow
>>            values for the intermediate line
>>
>>            Create view view_fixed_stimes - view containing the
>> correct start_times
>>            for the intermediate line and ju_exit_status.
>>
>>            Update sge_job_usage with the correct ju_start_time values
>> for
>>            intermediate lines and ju_exit_status.
>>
>> SEVERE: SQL error: Column 'ju_start_time' in field list is ambiguous
>> Failed (1)
>> Do you want to repeat database connection setup? (y/n) [y] >>
>>

>> Thanks
>> Arturo

Arturo Giner Gracia
System Administrator
Instituto de Biocomputación y Física de Sistemas Complejos
de la Universidad de Zaragoza (BIFI)
e-mail: artginer at bifi.es    artginer at unizar.es
phone: (+34)976562212 ext.224