[GE users] Problems integrating MPICH2 and SGE

Instituto de Ingenieria Área de Sistemas Unix/Linux unix.iingen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 20:53:39 BST 2008

I'm trying to install MPICH2 with tight integration with the SGE. I
have followed Reuti's manual
(http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich2-integration/mpich2-integration.html)
but I can't get it to work. I'm using SGE 6.1 and MPICH2 1.04; the
error appears in my .o# file and is the following:

Warning: no access to tty (Bad file descriptor).
Thus no job control in this shell.
Aborting: unable to connect to tonatiuh.iingen.unam.mx, smpd version mismatch

The output of the .po# file:

-catch_rsh /opt/gridengine/default/spool/compute-0-3/active_jobs/2635.1/pe_hostfile
compute-0-3
compute-0-1
compute-0-2
tonatiuh

both error files appear empty, and the jobs run for a split second in
the cluster only. Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks,

Sergio.

--
Instituto de Ingeniería de la UNAM