[GE users] Disabling a single machine in the grid

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Apr 17 12:36:24 BST 2008

Hi Neil,

"qmod -d" is your friend.

This is how you disable a node or "queue instance" in SGE terms
qmod -d all.q at node-you-want-to-disable

A good way to drain the cluster without affecting running jobs and
allowing new jobs to join the pending list is to do:

qmod -d '*'

That globally disables things (allowing you to perform maintenance or
whatever) once the active jobs drain. New work won't start but it can
at least be submitted by users.

Regards,
Chris