[GE users] limiting jobs per queue

RRay at semtech.com RRay at semtech.com
Wed Apr 23 14:56:36 BST 2008

I'm not sure if this answers the question you are asking, but I just
implemented this last week using RQS.

My queues are setup with the slots=# of processors for each queue that
will run on a host.  This allows the queue to feed one job per processor
for each processor in the machine.  Since I have multiple queues running
on each host, I use RQS to limit the number of all jobs to the number of
processors.  Here is my RQS definition that is working (farm1 has 2 cpus,
farm3 has 4 cpus):

{
   name         max_slots_per_node
   description  "limit number of slots to num_proc on a node"
   enabled      TRUE
   limit        hosts farm1 to slots=2
   limit        hosts farm3 to slots=4
}

So far it is working just as advertised.

Russ