[GE users] Difference in number of allocated and execution slots with PE

Azhar Ali Shah aas_lakyari at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 12:41:57 BST 2008

Hi,

Using SGE with MPICH2-1.0.7rc2 (smpd daemon based method) on my 6 node cluster
with 9 processors in total, when I submit a job requesting 9 processors, it gets
run on only on 7 (including one master), as I could verify from qacct command.

I cann't understand why the rest of two processors don't take part in
computation?

Though when 4 processors are requested the job runs on 4 slaves plus one master
i.e total of 5 processors in use!

Any ideas on how to get arround this?

Thanks
Azhar