[GE users] limiting jobs per queue

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Apr 24 16:33:54 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 24.04.2008 um 16:45 schrieb Kevin Doman:

> I'm still using release 6.0u8 and it does not have resource quota.
> Although I managed to achieve what you asked - that's a limit
> number of jobs per queue by way of a consumable resource and have
> user submit their job with one additional -l option. I don't have
> SGE 6.1 but I'm sure it can do the same thing.

there is no consumable "per job", this is the problem. I.e. for a
parallel job you would need to divide it by the number of slots you
request as it will be mutliplied again. Then you are right, and it's
handling is similar to a license where you need one per job. But in
contrast to RQS, the "-l" solution can be bypassed by nasty users by
requesting "-l extra_resource=0".

-- Reuti