[GE users] limiting jobs per queue

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Apr 25 11:39:12 BST 2008

Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> writes:

> you are right - I didn't read you question carefully :-/ What you
> would like to have is something like:
>
> limit users reuti to jobs=15

Yes.  It was in the hope of being able to side-step the issue with
consumables always getting allocated per slot, whereas the relevant
licence tokens are consumed per parallel job.  Obviously the proper
thing to do is to allow consumables to be specified per job.

Use of the term `job' in the docs is somewhat confusing, as it may refer
to a submitted job or to a task(?) within that job if it's a parallel
one.  When I have some time I'll try to make suggestions for clarifying
that.