[GE users] Qalter -w v bug?

Heywood, Todd heywood at cshl.edu
Tue Apr 29 15:32:19 BST 2008

Here's something strange. If schedd_job_info is set to "true" in sched_conf,
my load sensors and resource requests work just fine. For example, for a job
asking for a non-available resource, "qstat -j 5581491" shows:

(-l home2load=1) cannot run globally because it offers only
gl:home2load=2.530000

But if I change schedd_job_info to "false", and use "qalter -w v 5581491", I
get complaints that the resource is unknown:

Job 5581491 (-l home2load=1) cannot run in queue "public.q at blade49" because
job requests unknown resource (home2load)

(message occurs for all hosts, not just this one).

Todd