[GE users] Qalter -w v bug?

Heywood, Todd heywood at cshl.edu
Tue Apr 29 19:11:12 BST 2008

On 4/29/08 1:39 PM, "Reuti" <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:

> Am 29.04.2008 um 16:32 schrieb Heywood, Todd:
>
>> Here's something strange. If schedd_job_info is set to "true" in
>> sched_conf,
>> my load sensors and resource requests work just fine. For example,
>> for a job
>> asking for a non-available resource, "qstat -j 5581491" shows:
>>
>> (-l home2load=1) cannot run globally because it offers only
>> gl:home2load=2.530000
>
> The relation is <= ?

The relation in the complex is >=:

home2load           home2load     DOUBLE      >=    YES         NO         0
0

Job is not supposed to run until homeload is <= 1 (in this example). This
has been working fine for awhile.

>> But if I change schedd_job_info to "false", and use "qalter -w v
>> 5581491", I
>> get complaints that the resource is unknown:
>>
>> Job 5581491 (-l home2load=1) cannot run in queue "public.q at blade49"
>> because
>> job requests unknown resource (home2load)
>>
>> (message occurs for all hosts, not just this one).
>
> Mmh, qalter -w v will assume an empty cluster. Is there any initial
> value in the "qconf -se global" for home2load?

No initial value. I thought that was only for consumables.

[root at bhmnode2 n1ge6]# qconf -se global
hostname              global
load_scaling          NONE
complex_values        NONE
load_values           home1load=0.00,home2load=1.33,home3load=20.83, \
                      home4load=0.02,home5load=0.00
processors            0
user_lists            NONE
xuser_lists           NONE
projects              NONE
xprojects             NONE
usage_scaling         NONE
report_variables      cpu,h_vmem,mem_free,np_load_avg,s_vmem,virtual_free, \
                      tmp_free
[root at bhmnode2 n1ge6]