[GE users] Email at the end of an array job?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Apr 30 07:14:52 BST 2008

Am 30.04.2008 um 01:24 schrieb Beadles, Jeff:
> What I would do is to just submit a job after the array job, with
> mail notification turned on, and have it put a hold on your array
> job number.
>
> Something like;
>
> $ qsub -t 1-1000 myarray.sh
> Your job number 123 has been submitted
>
> $ qsub -p 0 -hold_jid 123 -m b  -M my at example.com -b y /bin/true
>
> That way you'll get email after all of the array tasks have finished.

Yep, I do a similar thing with special parallel jobs which need some
additonal housekeeping after they ran. What I did to get them started
immediately: I have a special queue without any limits and an
attached forced complex, so that these jobs will always run directly
after the main job (for sure they never have to wait).

-- Reuti