[GE users] qstat -j -xml output information

Michael Pospisil - Sun Microsystems - Prague Czech Republic Michael.Pospisil at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 30 12:42:08 BST 2008

Hello all,
In an attempt to rectify the state of the qstat -j -xml output, I am
creating a list of all information that is deemed as "important" output.
In the 61u4 output, the following fields are found in qstat -xml:

JB_job_number
JB_exec_file
JB_submission_time
JB_owner
JB_uid
JB_group
JB_gid
JB_account
JB_merge_stderr
JB_mail_list, MR_user, MR_host
JB_notify
JB_job_name
JB_jobshare
JB_shell_list, PN_path, PN_host, PN_file_host, PN_file_staging
JB_env_list, __SGE_PREFIX__O_HOME, __SGE_PREFIX__O_LOGNAME,
__SGE_PREFIX__O_PATH, __SGE_PREFIX__O_SHELL, __SGE_PREFIX__O_TZ,
__SGE_PREFIX__O_MAIL, __SGE_PREFIX__O_HOST, __SGE_PREFIX__O_WORKDIR

JB_script_file
JB_ja_tasks, JAT_status, JAT_task_number
JB_deadline
JB_execution_time
JB_checkpoint_attr
JB_checkpoint_interval
JB_reserve
JB_mail_options
JB_priority
JB_restart
JB_verify
JB_script_size
JB_verify_suitable_queues
JB_soft_wallclock_gmt
JB_hard_wallclock_gmt
JB_override_tickets
JB_version

I have already received a request to add back in JAT_start_time as well
as the queue name through either JAT_master_queue or JG_qname.

Now I would like to open up the discuss to you, the users, to find out
what is still missing or what you would find useful in the qstat -j -xml
output. Please however note, what we are discussing here is only the
output for the qstat -j -xml command and will not affect the current
output of qstat -j.
It would be most interesting to hear from users who are actually using
the qstat -j -xml output and find out which fields are indeed useful and
what information needs to be added back to the data that was filtered
out of the -xml output in 61u3.

Feel free to make any suggestions that you think will better the results
the of qstat -j -xml output.
Thanks in advance for any input, and hopefully we can finally come to a
solution that suits all users.
Best regards,

Michael