[GE users] qstat -j -xml output information

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Apr 30 13:08:43 BST 2008

Hi Michael,

Happy to hear you are working on this!

I only have one absolutely solid requirement:

Any data reported via "qstat -j" *MUST* also be reported when the "-
xml" switch is used, inconsistency is unacceptable and breaks with the
initial promises made when 6.0 came out that "-xml" was a feature that
would simply alter the formatting of the information being sent back
from the qmaster.

XML output is a huge win for everyone and a massively useful output
format option. I'm happy to see extra/additional data reported when "-
xml" is used but I'm very unhappy when I see things via "qstat" that
are not reported when the same command is run with the additional xml
output switch appended.

So my main request is for consistency. Extra data is fine but making
"qstat" and "qstat -xml" report the same data should be a priority.

Regards,
Chris