[GE users] Segmentation Fault(coredump) during qmake

Michael van Elst mlelstv at serpens.de
Tue Dec 2 19:34:46 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 06:43:49PM -0800, tcheard wrote:

> > This simply looks like a ksh bug. Is that ksh93 or pdksh? If
> > kdh93, try to get a fixed package.
>
> But I don't think it could be a ksh bug if it worked fine with a gmake build. (as shown in my original post)
> I believe its something wrong with my grid in understanding the Makefiles

Well, if ksh segfaults it is a ksh problem, not a make problem. The
problem might be triggered by the make process, but changing that
process qualifies as a workaround at best.

N.B. I have experienced exactly such bugs with the ksh93 that came
with SLES9 and SLES10 systems.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst