[GE users] cannot run because no access to pe

Bo beowulfnewbee at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 00:56:17 GMT 2008

Sorry if you read this twice, I thought I emailed this already but since I
got no response, here it is again:

I think I didn't configure the parallel environment right (or even my
queues).

I submit a simple job using parallel environment

qsub job.sh

submission went ok but job just stay in the queue with "qw" status

when I do qstat -j jobID, I got the following message

scheduling info: cannot run because no access to pe "MPI"

  cannot run in PE "MPI" because it only offers 0 slots

This is a 4 node cluster, qstat -f show available slots and no "error" Each
node have 2 dual core AMD (total of 4 cores per node)

The total slots show in SGE for 4 nodes is 16.

I'm new to SGE so just let me know if you need some other info.

Here is my job script

#!/bin/bash
#$ -S /bin/bash
#$ -N My_Sge_Job
#$ -pe mpich1 4
#$ -j y
#$ -o $JOB_NAME-$JOB_ID
#$ -q node1-4
#
echo "Got $NSLOTS processors."

Please point me to where to look. Thanks for the help!

Bo