[GE users] Array jobs & job priorities

Brendon Oliver brendon.oliver at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 21:40:36 GMT 2008

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 06:50:14 am reuti wrote:

> Only managers and operators can use a priority >0. Conventional users
> are restricted to values <0.

Ah ok.  Shouldn't really matter in this case because the submitting user is
both manager & operator...

> >> Exactly this is what I observe - hence to do. Which SGE version are
> >> you using? You can switch on "report_pjob_tickets TRUE" to check the
> >> computed prioritzy, but switch it off in long term as it's time
> >> consuming.

> It's in the scheduler config. Without it being set the job listing is
> just by jobnumber.

Strange, 'qconf -msconf' shows "report_pjob_tickets TRUE" already (and nobody
would have set that - this is a private grid I set up for testing).

In any case, I flipped the priorities around like you suggested.  The
lesser-important jobs get submitted with '-p -1000' and the important jobs
with default priority and it's now scheduling the way I hoped for!  Important
jobs taking precedence over already-scheduled array tasks.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

- Brendon

--

 08:36:03 up 39 days, 10:34,  2 users,  load average: 1.11, 0.52, 0.69