[GE users] qmaster -- backgrounding
dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Dec 4 03:52:29 GMT 2008
First check the qmaster messages file in $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/
... then look in /tmp on the qmaster host to see if there are any
"panic" SGE error messages. Checking selinux or other system logs
can't hurt as well.
Potential things to look at, in the general class of things that cause
SGE to fail to start or to exit immediately on error would be:
- /etc/hosts entry that is incorrect or conflicts with DNS
- something odd with $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/act_qmaster
- forward and reverse DNS name resolution issues on qmaster host
- firewall blocking port
- SELINUX being aggressive
- an old/dead sge_qmaster daemon that has not been properly killed
- any other old SGE execd or sge_schedd daemons improperly cleared
from previous startup attempts
- filesystem permission issues or corruption
- setuid or root_squash settings on NFS mounted filesystems
Really the best thing is to look for something specific in a log or
messages file. Ideally you'd see something like "connection refused",
"gethostbyname() failure..." or other items that suggest a specific
type of problem.
A last resort option is sourcing the debug files and restarting with
verbose debug data enabled.
On Dec 3, 2008, at 9:49 PM, rpolich at sfbrgenetics.org wrote:
> I can't get sge_qmaster started. Receiving ...
> daemonize error: timeout while waiting for daemonize state
> #error getting configuration failed receiving gdi state
> error: can't get configuration from qmaster -- backgrounding
> Running gridengine 6.0 u8 with classic spooling on a Solaris X86
> 2.10 system. Any ideas?
> Richard Polich
To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].
More information about the gridengine-users